Linsen Chinese Medicine and Kunming Branch (Kunming)
Taipei City Hospital Kunming Branch
To prevent all infectious diseases in Taipei
Infectious disease control department:
STD and AIDS Prevention and Control TB Prevention and Control Community Communicable Disease Prevention and Control Emerging Infectious Diseases Prevention and Control/ Drug Abuse Prevention
• Prevention and Control
– Education and training – Targeting of High risk groups – Harm reduction program
• Medical service
– STD clinics – HIV/AIDS special clinics – Methadone maintenance therapy – Dental clinics (only for HIV+ cases) – Laboratory specializing in STDs
• STD/HIV case management
Education and training: Health education of the general public
– Chun-Huei Project: Cooperation with Bureau of Education – Website teaching – Teaching in collaboration with correctional institutions – Universal HIV testing program – Hotline for STD counseling – Hotline for needle stick event management (for medical, police and fire personnel) – Professionals training of doctors, nurses and pharmacists – Development of teaching materials and aids
High risk group prevention:
• Seeding of teachers and peer educators training • Screening and education in gay venues • Condom promotion
• Peer education and screening • Case management • Education and blood testing for special businesses
Seed teachers and peer educators training
Little YG group established
Work on the internet
• Gay website link
• Online Questions and Answers
• Discussions about safer sex, club drug used, etc
• Screening information
Screening and education at gay venues
Setting up a private website through which all staff at AIDS prevention NGOs can share news and information
Prevention and control of disease among sex workers
Implementation of screening and health education targeting STD.
Issuing health care cards and offering free health care
Sex workers prevention
When arrested by the police, unlicensed prostitutes, clients and drug addicts are offered HIV screening and individual health education.
Peer volunteers are trained to execute an outreaching work.
• Clinics: STD cases
• Special clinic: HIV /AIDS patients
• Dental clinic: only for HIV/AIDS patients
• Screening clinic: provides blood testing and counseling
• Methadone clinic: heroin users
• Anonymous screening
OPD combine with Public Health Prevention
• The new case counseling
• Blood testing and other STD sample collection
• Health education for the STD or methadone cases
• Case Notification and OPD case management service
OPD and anonymous case screen testing
Analyzing of other hospitals’ samples
HIV instant test
Harm reduction program
• This includes NSP and MMT
• The community pharmacy provides
1. Free clean needles and syringes on exchange 2. A syringe vending machine
• NSP service. Call 0968-951-552 for sharps collection of NSP and the NSP educational package.
• NSP does not encourage IDU
Our great pharmacies where pharmacists in community practice provide HIV counseling, MMT referral and a NSP service
Needle-syringe exchange program
• Needles-syringes reclaimed
• Harm reduction by waste needle-syringe reclaimation
• NSP bus
• Bus stops: Mon-ga Park andWan-hua District or call for the service.
Our services include:
Individual case management
• Each case has his/her own manager
• Before entry to theMMT, we will provide an individual consultation .
• After MMT, we will follow up the case situation.
• Special cases having health, economic and employment problems are provided with referrals where needed.
Social resources linking
• Employment Service Center will visit and provide individual case counseling fortnightly.
• Professional Social Workers will help to decide what is needed and provide the services.
Methadone Group consultation
• Every Tuesday and Thursday
• Open group
Training peer educators
• Use MMT patients to help IDU users.
• We have already helped transform 11 IDU users into our colleagues .
Each IDU user has individual consultations
• Individual consultation before the IDU case leaves jail every month.
• HIV counseling and health education in prison
Family support Group
• Set up in January 2010
• Helping families to build up their support network through sharing their own experiences.
Address：No.145, Zhengzhou Rd., Datong Dist., Taipei City 10341, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
TCH Service Center：For callers in Taipei City, please dial 1999 ext.888 Toll-Free Number
(public telephone and prepaid card are not included)
for the Citizen Hotline. For callers outside of Taipei City, please dial 02-2555-3000
For international callers, please dial (+886)-2-2555-3000
Best viewed with IE 6.0 or higher at 1024 x 768 resolution.Updated: 2017/6/8 09:40:11