Taipei City Subsidizes Post-marital Pre-pregnancy Fertility Health Examination
*Subsidy recipients: Married couples who are registered Taipei City citizen, who are yet to produce a first-born. (This subsidy applies to registered Taipei City citizens only. Any spouse registered elsewhere will not be eligible for this scheme.)
*Effective date：Until 2010 December 31st, limited numbers.
*Examination items and other information：
1. Examination items:
(1) For females, a subsidy of NT$ 1,595 is given to each case（registration and diagnostic fees excluded）, examination items include: Urine test, tests for rubella and chicken pox antibodies, routine blood tests, syphilis screening, HIV screening, thyroid-stimulating hormone, systemic lupus erythematosus.
(2) For males, a subsidy of NT$ 655 is given to each case (registration and diagnostic fees excluded), examination items include: Urine test, routine blood tests, syphilis screening, HIV screening, semen analysis (a 3-day abstinence from sex is recommended).
2. Fasting is not required for the “Post-marital Pre-pregnancy Fertility Health Examination”. Following the completion of the examination, notification will be given by hospital staff if revisits, referral to more extensive examinations, or other services that require further fees are needed.
3. The following is the required documents and applicable fees for each subsidized category :
* Branches of Taipei City Hospital that provide the services: